Show reviews that mention
credit account payment interest card phone credit card customer service money balance
Filter review

Ge money cons

i got a ge money honda card in 04 to buy a new bike , i payed the card in full in 09 now 2011 debit colleters are calling non stop saying i never paid it off and they are going too sue me !!!! and GE gave me a clean title so i sold the bike . now calls all day from 803-454-9290 scream at me women with nasty mouths im going to file all this in court *** GE MONEY BACK this is why this country is in the shape it in the same thing happend to my home loan and lost and was put on the street with my kid ! when is are goverment going too stop this and help us instead of every other country ? steven scholl
Loss

Ge Money - 500.00 i borrowed 10 months of more than min payments i now owe 483.00 what the ***

i borrowed 500 and i have paid a total of 375. now i get a statement that says that i owe 485. i have been paying on this on time every time for ten months now.... what the ***.... i dont understand.... why is the interest rate so high... i called the company they cant help there is nothing they can do said that i should write the president yeah right ill do that waste of my time,,,, this is a poor way to handle business if you ask me i will never do business with them again and i will tell all my family not to either

GE MONEY SPAMS ME.

My name is Ibrahim Abdelbaky. My email address is abrahambaky@yahoo.com. I had my surgery 5 years ago. I was told I would pay to GE money only $4000. I paid until this moment more than $9000. They put me in more than a payment program then they don't charge me although I give them all my bank account info to charge me automatically. They play a game with me. They don't charge me automatically as I agreed in order for them to charge me later excessive fees. They told me that I am in a payment plan . They charge me about $80 a month. When I am about to finish the payment and my balance is only about $400. They told me no it is $2000. Now when I called agian they say you weren't in a payment plan and my balance is $2000. Not $400.They don't charge me automatically then they charge me $500 fee then extra charges I have never seen a company that scams it's consumer like GE Money. I used to have many credit cards with Chase bank and citbank and never experienced this before. GEMoney steal my money. I paid to them thousands and now they clam I still owe them more. I need help. Any lawyer to contact me. I can't pay to them any-longer. This is nothing but abuse. I am ABUSED by GEMoney. When I want to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for more than 45 minutes then the supervisor talks to me in unprofessional way and yell at me. This company is just a scam.
Loss

GE Money/Care Credit are liars and scam artists!

I applied for and was approved for a GE MONEY/ Care Credit credit card from my orthodontist's office so I could get the invisalign braces. They offer this service as a payment option and it was convenient since I could not afford the $5500 out of pocket all at once. I had been working on repairing my credit for years and had finally gotten my credit rating into the 700s. I never missed a payment and always payed more than the minimum payment. Unfortunately, like many of us I lost my job and then my employers contested my unemployment and they won. So I lost my unemployment and had to go on welfare as I have some other health issues that need to be addressed. I continued to pay the $165 monthly payments for about 6 months with the little money I was receiving from welfare and in October 2010 I called Care Credit to see if I could get my monthly payments reduced. I was told that it would be no problem and that if I just payed the current months minimum payment, the following month I would only need to pay $27 because they would enroll me into the Hardship plan. The representative at Care Credit gave me her name AND her supervisors name "just in case". I held up my end of the bargain by paying $165 and the following month I was surprised to see that my minimum payment had not changed at all...So I called to inquire and I was told that I had misunderstood the terms of the agreement. I was told that I was supposed to pay an additional $165 in addition to the $165 that was my normal month minimum payment and that then I would have been entered into the Hardship Plan. I complained that that was not the case and asked to speak to the representative that entered me into the program. Her name is Cheryl Motley. But I was told that I could not speak to a specific representative. So I asked to speak to her supervisor, Kevin Odell, and I was told that I was not permitted to speak to any supervisor. Seems odd since I had been such a reliable customer paying down my balance to about $1200 was all that was left on my debt. I tried to get in touch with a supervisor several times and each time I was placed on hold for several minutes only to be disconnected. So I stopped all payments. If this is how you are going to treat reliable customers, then ***! So, I later found out that they reported me to the credit agencies and have now tanked my credit rating into the 500s. I was denied financial aid for graduate school over this. I had to appeal, make new payment arrangements with Care Credit and was finally granted financial aid again. When I called to make new payment arrangements, I found out that my new balance on my account was now over $1900.00 because I had defaulted on my obligations. Now I explained to the representative what my situation was and what I had encountered there before and he said it would be no problem to enter me into the Hardship Plan that would bring my monthly payments down to $25 a month for 9 months, as long as I made an immediate payment...So I paid $50 to be enrolled into the Hardship program. He also informed me that the reason I was not originally enrolled into the program was because I had made a payment online rather than over the telephone or some such garbage excuse. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and again I was placed on hold and disconnected after nearly 15 minutes on hold. When I received my notice from Care Credit stating that I had been enrolled into the Hardship Plan, it bore little resemblance to the terms I had been given. The terms now where that I would have to pay the $165 dollars a month minimum payment as usual, AND in addition, I would also pay $25 additionally for the hardship plan each month bringing my total monthly payment to $190 which doesn't make a *** bit of sense. Why would I enroll into a Hardship program that required higher minimum monthly payments that the ones that were causing me hardship in the first place? So now, Care Credit is again sending me threatening notices of reporting me to the collection agencies. I have held to my end of the bargain here each time and each time Care Credit changes their obligations without my informed consent. Care Credit, uses customer hardship to expedite the amount due on the bill and to apply retroactive interest on the monies that have already been paid. They deliberately mislead, misinform, and there is no other word to use but say that they lie to their customers in order to increase the money they are owed. Within a few months of being enrolled into the Hardship Plan my outstanding balance on my account has nearly doubled. This is ***! These are the tactics that have Gov. Cuomo investigating their practices. Thank you for listening! Avoid them at all cost!!!

Totally understand, they pulled the same *** on me also. I couldn't keep paying their ridiculous minimums which were almost pure interest, and was getting nowhere (I was unemployed at the time too) when I tried to discuss the situation with them, they referred me to what they called an "escalation specialist"!

Made me feel like I was an inmate at an asylum or something...

Finally I just stopped paying them for good, but they sicced some collectors on me who have been hounding me for a very long time. I would never deal with them again, even if they were the last credit company on earth.

CARECRD/GEMB

GE Credit CARE Card

Alliance, sponsored and offered by a former dentist.

The GE Credit Care Cards as offered by my former dentist was fraudulent as they transact business in wanton bad faith practices.

Foremost, out of the start gate, GE Credit Care loan services neglected to start the first payment as agreed upon signing for said credit line, as they put my payments in late - a month later. Of course this jumped me into their preferred PRIME LENDING scams with excessive fees (a skirt around money lending usury laws). Of course GE servicing is based in Canada and I was informed they did not have to comply to California lending laws.

Coupled with their Collection agency, they gave no recourse for appeal in the U.S. Small Claims Court, ignored pro bono notices for arbitration/mediation as well. Apparently they are excellent at spoilating (removing) data and correspondence that does not suit the collection money practices.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS

GE Mony are Extortionist. I ran into the same problems as above.

There has to be something Illegal here. I started with a payment of $55. per month, then GE Money must've bought old credit agency out, payment went to $80..The pay dates changed un beknownst to me...5 months later they tell me I have 5 x $35 in late chages, because due date not met. My payments went up to $100 per month.

I recently changes from Wachovia over to Wells Fargo, and can PROVE payment sent for due date..and they still charged me..I paid #39 late fee....but they tell NOW my monthly payment is $130????? How can this even possibly be?

No one there can ever explain nothing....and when they try to find out the line always go dead...disconnects to start the bull all over again. GOVERNOR where are You...this is Robbery!!!

Who can help? They will eventually try to ruin my CREDIT...I'm sure.

Contact your state banking or consumer credit division. Have copies of all your records.

New federal laws went into effect last year which make these practices illegal. Your state attorney general's office can also assist you.

forget credit. cash is king.

stop living above your means and going after luxuries you can't afford. Seriously. By the time you pay off those braces they are old and falling out of your mouth. Last of all when a company screws you just stop paying.

Let them run up all those little fees and then just dispute it right off your credit. Works everytime. I used to deal with these jokers till i realized they just didn't want me to pay my bill and would do anything to slow up the process.

Let the fools play with credit. Cash is king.

Mr. Begor:

Starting in February of 2011, I have experienced a glitch in your CareCredit website which reverses payments I have made. When I call customer service, the claim is that my bank account / routing information was not entered correctly. By this time (usually 5-7 days later) I have accumulated a late fee on my account which is now an accumulated balance of around $140.00. Also, due to this problem, I have made payments over the phone with my debit card and been charged $15.00 per transaction, which is half of my total minimum payment amount.

I called my bank to verify that all of the numbers I had were correct and I checked all of my bank statements. I have also verified, taken screen shots from my computer, and sat down with my Attorney to show him the payment process. During this time, the confirmation page (which has written verification of the account numbers entered) shows that the numbers are exactly the same as the ones on my personal bank account statement.

This error has occurred every time I have made a payment this year. I have also done some research to find out that I am not the only person experiencing this problem. After several calls I have made to your company to have this resolved I have only been redirected and then hung up on.

Another problem I have noticed the last few times I have logged in to your website, the forum for my bank account information was already populated with incorrect numbers. Even though I reversed the numbers and entered my correct information, the payment was yet again reversed.

I would also like to know why every other company I submit a payment to sends me a Receipt of Payment Confirmation notice right away and your company sends me a "Request for Payment Sent" notice which requires me to check my back account to verify that it has gone through. Then, I have to check it every day and wonder at what point it will be late, usually 3 days in my experience. By this time, I have another late fee and I am being harassed by incessant phone calls at all hours of the day and night and from different phone numbers telling me my "account needs attention".

This is extreme business malpractice and an attempt to extort your customers. I will not stand for the stress and frustration which this scam has brought upon me and my family. I am unemployed and you have been fraudulently stealing from me when all I have tried to do is make my payments. This is your last chance to refund my late fees and allow me to pay off the correct amount that I owe before I join several hundred people in a class-action lawsuit against your company.

David S

General Electric pays off regulators with bailout money - GE was fined for violating the regulator laws on ones utitilies and other items; however,

back in November 2009, the federal government agreed to insure as much as $139 billion in debt for GE Capital. The funds for this fine was from Recovery Act money paid by taxpayers, not General Electric; therefore, American citizens now paying wrongdoer's their fines for violating the law!

Tactics within use of "loop-holes in the regulation and statements that GE will not comply to the law - Obama administration now wants to close such loopholes such as the ones GE Money Bank has used to illegal obtain TARP funding. The Obama administration told GE today they will either become a lending institute or they will only be involved in commerce. However, in a recent Washington Post report GE's Chief executive Jeffrey Immelt said, "GE had no intention of doing that". It is seems GE does care what any American law cites UCC, criminal and civil.

I would look forward in moving with a Class Action suit to bring Mr. Immelt and others affiliated with GE into court and requested they all be fined, arrested and charged for their actions against consumers.

Doubtful anyone can recover money damages from a corrupt business, but they can all spend several years in jail with those they have abused too. Any takers...

pMna:*wnaac account no:1546765387mark Hohman

@PissedConsumer274835

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed there name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank.

I had the EXACT same problems with GE Money/Care Credit. Exactly!

I practically begged them to work with me.

After getting the shaft/runaround for too long, I finally filed a grievence/complaint with the BBB.

Unfortunately due to companies like GE Money that are too greedy to work with honest, hard working people who sometimes find themselves in tight economic binds, I was forced to file bankruptcy.

Good luck with your ordeal.

View more comments (16)

GE Money SUCKS

I have a couple of creit cards and I guess they are owend by GE Money. Well Im tryin to get help with one of them which is the Wal mart card.But my other one is a Lowes card which Ive never been late on and wanted to keep up to par and is paid off. Never put alot on this card at one time.Just a few home impovement things never much. But I get a letter in the mail the other day stating that my Lowes card has been cancelled.Now to me thats wrong as two left shoes.But I will say when I get all this worked out I will never have anything to do with GE Money again.They call me every day and harass me. I tell them Im tryin to get help but they dont care. Im not tryin to get out of payin just tryin to get the interest reduced.So my advise to all is before you get a credit card make sure it has nothing to do with GE Money.
Eoghan

You can go to Rip-Off Report #1140625 where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capitla Retail Bank which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3 minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

You can also do this on your cell phone there are no stops in the video when watched on your cell phone.

I am with GE and just read your posting. I would like to have one of our customer service specialists contact you to see if we can help.

Please send your contact information to creditcardhelp@ge.com. Please do not send or post your account information.

Thanks,

GE RCF Communications

@PissedConsumer258866

Hi RCF,

You state you are with GE? You want this person to contact you out of all those other complaints about the same thing yet did not get an email from you?

Does RCF stand for Rats Conniving Fake I would like to use another word for the letter "F" but I won't.

Well I hope you are available when all the state & federal agencies along with the postal inspector conclude with their investigations. You have a very Loyal Employee on Rip-Off Report #1140625. to answer what your Corrupt Evil Vile Corporation that has changed its name four times 4 times!

This is what I think of you crooks go to You Tube type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the GREEN SNAKES that is what you are Snakes in the Grass up people's ASSSSSES stealing them blind!

This is just one way out of the million other ways you have "Illegally Bilked Billions" from people. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=684lrrTwkqk CROOKS ALL OF YOU!

View more comments (2)

Ge Money - GEmoney/Care Credit

donot under any circumstances apply or use their credit. my dentist offered this program so i signed up for it since it was interest free if paid within a year you are supposed to be interest free credit if paid within 6 mos or a year....it is bull roar, they started charging fees for anything and everything from the minute i opened the account!!! they also enroll you in the protective fraudulent credit protection ha, ha while they are ripping you off with charges for it....amounting to about $12.00 a month withOUT your approval. ihope i can save you the heartache i have had with this account!
Eoghan

You can go to Rip-Off Report #1140625 where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3-minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes. It is a video with the comments made along with very important information on why they put your account “Overdue” days before it is actually due & then charge you late fees amongst other things.

GE Money Hunter Douglas

I signed up for a GE Money credit card on July 10, 2010 at a Hunter Douglas window covering store. I have been making regular payments on the $5,520.72 that I borrowed. I had $500 left on 1/13/11 when the protional period expired. I knew that the $500 would get charged 29.99% interest but I planned to pay it off at the end of January. I had no idea that I would get charged 29.99% deferred interest for the past six months on the entire $5,520.72. I have never heard of credit cards like that. Granted there was language on the credit card bill that referenced "deferred interest", but I had no idea what that meant. I now owe an additional $707.10. They do not have a dispute process. They stick to the fact that it was on my bill that this would happen. How horrific! I now feel like I should warn others about this predatory lending and it's new and unclear language. As consumers the best we can do is warn eachother about what products and services to avoid. Everyone AVOID GE MONEY like the PLAGUE. They are evil.

Yeah GE Capital Retail Finance actually calls their promotions "Deferred interest with pay" which means just that

Thomas G

Unfortunately, most or all credit cards or accounts with a deferred interest period do have this clause in the contract. This is not just GE Money Bank, everyone does it.

if you dont understand something, ask questions

This isn't a new thing that Credit Cards do. In fact all promotional offers do this - no payments for a year or no interest for a year - whatever the deal if you don't pay it off during the promotional period you are charged interest on the entire amount.

Even on regular credit cards without a promotional offer you are charged interest on the full amount of the card if you don't pay it off each month.

I'm very sorry this happened but this isn't something new. This is why stores want to offer you great deals for getting their credit card because most people don't pay it off during the promotional period

@PissedConsumer240447

I agree with the commenters. This isn't a new or especially predatory practice, since everything is clearly conveyed, and the buyer does have the option of paying off the entire balance by the end of the promotional period, thereby avoiding any finance charges.

As a matter of fact, since this is the standard interest free financing method, when deferred interest doesn't accrue, the merchant will go out of its way to indicate that, since it provides them with an advantage.

For example, Rooms To Go has run no interest financing promotions where interest did not accrue during the promotional period, and they used that as further enticement for the buyers. Always ask questions and always know what you're signing.

View more comments (4)

GE Money maintenance fee

Thank you to the individual who posted Mr. Begor's email. Here is my email to him; hopefully many others have also taken the time to share their thoughts on this 'financial institution'. There are many online sites devoted to the missteps of GE Money; here is one of interest: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/ge_money_bank.html Hello Mr. Begor, As someone who considers myself an informed consumer, I have been aware for some time that banks and financial institutions would soon be imposing 'fees' to recoup vanishing profits. So I shouldn't have been surprised to receive my bill from GE Money with a $.99 monthly maintenance fee on a 12 month interest promotion. After more careful reading I discovered the disclosure on page 4 of my bill. Thank you for an empirical reminder of my responsibility to read carefully and assume from the start that your company (and doubtless countless others) will attempt any and every machination to extract money from your 'customers'. Aftere reading of some of GE's exploits on http://ge-money-bank.pissedconsumer.com, I am reminded of what a noted theologian said years ago: "What's robbing a bank compared to owning one?" Below I've copied one comment from the aforementioned page. I'll be posting my own comments and sharing my tweet. What's $.99 to me? Next to nothing. I imagine in your buisness model it is nicely profitable. Lesson learned. I'll be paying off my balance on Monday and closing the account immediately following. Do you or your colleagues have any doubts as to why the American public holds you responsible for the last two years of economic malaise?
Eoghan

I couldn't agree more. I opened the same account and just got hung up on by a supervisor because I used the word "***".

Haji hung up on me telling me I was useing profanity.

When I called back the woman supervisor said it was my fault for not reading the fine print. I just sent them the whole 44.65 I owed them and will be closing the account Monday.

@PissedConsumer268414

Finally called the FBI, ask for the Duty Agent. They will take all your information.

He then suggested you file a complaint with FTC,gov (Federal Trade Comm) and the BBB. They are doing some shady practices.

@PissedConsumer258273

Don't waste your time with the BBB they get paid by the businesses to get a good rating that is why nothing is ever done to any company that pays the BBB.

You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank. You can go to Rip-Off Report #1140625 where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank! If you would like to see a 3-minute video on You Tube just type in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal & look for the Two Green Snakes.

I do have to correct something you said Lois, GE Capital who does the baking/credit piece didn't take any bailout money. They are taking steps to protect their business.

Do these steps suck...yes. As a consumer you get to make a choice, instead of whining about something you don't like you should make a conscious decision to reduce or eliminate your credit instead.

Taught my kids.. "Don't complain to me about something if you aren't willing to come up with a solution to fix it"

@PissedConsumer245120

When you deal with a crooked corporation that has changed its names four times now you get NOWHERE! You need to do some research here it is not as cut and dry like you state it.

What ever you do DO NOT have any dealings with SYNCHRONY BANK that is the new name that GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank have changed their name to. You should also not open any credit cards that use either of these several names yet the same bank they are just as guilty as this bank. You can go to Rip-Off Report #1140625 where you will see in the last rebuttal what stores & companies USE this corrupt corporation. This is from an Employee at GE Money, GE Capital Retail Money Bank & GE Capital Retail Bank, which is now Synchrony Bank!

I call them "GE Money BUNK". For an organization that received a lot of bail out $$$, you'd think they'd have better customer service.

Sadly, they don't.

They are self-serving and dishonest. I hope they go out of business soon.

View more comments (7)

GE Money Bank charged me $204.00 interest after all I owed was $250.00

GE Money is disgusting.They design their bill so that you dont notice that your promotional deferred interest is about to expire..if they were decent they would alert you in a manner that draws attention on the bill one or two months before... instead the information is difficult to understand, see...they need to post a big red exclamation warning on the bill the month or two before that expiration date. I wasnt even aware that I had one of these deferred interest accounts from that disgusting store Sleepy's who I had to fight with the CEO of that disgusting company who failed to replace a defective bed that I bought for my elderly parents. I owed all of $250.00 from an original bill of $1400.00 paid faithfully and because I didnt see the January 9th expiration to pay the final $250.00 off, GE MOney grub Bank charged me $204.00 additional dollars Now I owe $404.00 instead of the final $250.00.. GE disgusting bank should redesign their billing statement so that you dont miss this crucial information instead it looks so generic all I see is the remaining balance. How many millions of dollars are they making on people who dont understand or miss this information because of the way they design their bill? They are evil deceitful, mean spirited, unethical hated.If there is a Higher Power I have no idea why it lets these evil people get away with this and all the other evil people who are getting away with the worst sinful behavior
Eoghan

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 012111

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Money

@PissedConsumer238560

Come on Nicole give it a rest really.

View more comments (2)

Ge Money - Poor service and deceit

I purchased a 60" TV and accessories with the understanding that there would be no interest for 24 mos. NOT. My first bill indicated an interest charge of 29.99% apr based on the full purchase price.I telephoned hhgregg and was told the interest free account was only on the TV. This was not mentioned when I made the purchase(s). After being told by hhgregg that GE Money would be able to separate the TV from the other purchases and that I would not be charged interest on the TV,I telephoned GE Money and was told they could not separate the purchases and only hhgregg could correct the situation. After several telephone calls to the local hhgregg store, I could not get any satisfaction so I called the main office. It was only then did I realize that my contract indicated my purchase was not part of any promotion even though there was an ongoing promotion. After explaining my problem to the main office, the person I was speaking with confirmed the on-going promotion, and made a phone call to the hhgregg where I made the purchase and the problem was settled. But I did not receive any apology from hhgregg nor did I receive any compensation from the local hhgregg for my grief as indicated to me by the main office. I wouldn't enter their store again for love nor money.
Eoghan

Cry Babys, Read your paper work and I'm sure you will find that your problems are with you being ignorant and not reading your contract. :cry

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 01192011

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,